Friday, February 23, 2007

"A" Last Weekend

A student I greatly respect referenced "The Scarlet Letter" my 1L year in crim pro. Last weekend I finally read this $1 book I picked up in my favorite used book store in DC last summer. Perhaps an "A" should be fastened on my weekend for not reading caselaw. Its legal themes are a break from my prison themed books, and law texts, but still on the legal wavelength. A classic high school text I'm glad to have digested on public transportation. To boot, I enjoyed reading the critique describing "The Scarlet Letter" as a gothic romance. Matches my gothic dance favorite - Inferno. Would Hester Prynne be a regular at Inferno?

Next read? The recommended so far is "The Time Traveler's Wife." I would like to re-read Richard Wright's "Native Son." Any other recommendations?

Musical Theme of my "A" weekend: Chicago by Sufjan Stevens.

1 comment:

BradyDale said...

I've probably told you this before that my favorite book is ALL THE KING'S MEN. Sooo good.