Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tourist gone Local

Today while on my jog a tourist held up his hand to me like a cop stopping traffic. Now, I run on the capitol mall so I accept and even welcome tourist questions. I like to test my new city knowledge. To boot, my running speed is such that it is like stopping traffic to slow me down!

The tourist asked, "Where is the White House."
I pointed to his left.
He asked, "What is that White House?," pointing to his right.
"The Jefferson Memorial" I replied.

2 points for the jogger, another happy tourist. YES!

There are two follow up comments to the free items mentioned in previous blogs.
1-Thank you to a reader for this article supporting dumpster diving worldwide.
2-When I ask questions at the farmer's market starting with, "In Wisconsin we.." the farmers respond well. Sunday I happily walked home with a large box of ripened tomatoes for cooking, free. Guess what I'm making tonight? Hungry? Come on over!

1 comment:

BradyDale said...

It's because you look like a nice person. It's our midwestern vibe. Every time I go to NYC everyone asks me directions. As if I know. It's because I give off that friendly, approachable midwestern air. Same for you.