Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Mystery Restaurants

Could you identify the restaurant in this picture? We couldn't for a few passes in the car. It's my neighborhood Pho, a Vietnamese soup restaurant. Super popular, dazzling in unique architecture, and just being there made me cooler.


Speaking of restaurants, I had the great fortune to spot my second celebrity this weekend. Tim Meadows sipped coffee at the table next to me in Silver Lake. (Cue, the lady's man from Saturday Night Live)

Also, I hunted down a restaurant. To be clear, taco trucks are incredibly popular in Los Angeles. However, this presents the very real possibility that you show up in the grocery store parking lot at 6:30 p.m. on a Tuesday night, stomach growling you're so hungry, and the restaurant (Ahem, taco truck) has not driven in to serve food yet. Not that I experienced it or anything. On Saturday, I had much better luck hunting down the ever-popular Kogi Korean Taco Truck. After at least 30 minutes of driving, in the rain (up hill with no shoes), we arrived to a long line of eager taco truck fans who had the same idea as us. Kogi moves locations every day. Was it worth it? Yes! Delicious. Whoever invented moving restaurants ignored the saying "location, location, location," and won.

No comments: