Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cherry Blossom Season



Spring - the season of new beginnings. It could just be that Cool Hand Luke (see previous post) is so cute, but there was a girl in a cherry tree that gave him a run for his money.

With family in town, I spent much of my weekend enjoying the sweet scent of cherry blossoms around the Tidal Basin, sweat of runners on the cherry blossom 10 miler, and tourists in the Smithsonian museums.

Can you guess where these tourists were located in our Nation's Capital?
1. A tourist on the phone said to someone on the other line, "I'm coming out of the Universe."
2. A tourist on the phone said to someone on the other line, "I'm near the calcitrates."
3. "We're Circulating."
4. "I love Ballarina stationary."
5. Which way does the arrow go? Where is my card? You don't need to put the card in to exit!

When you've given up, here are the answers
1. Air & Space Museum
2. Natural History Museum
3. Circulator bus - the best bus invention for tourists, ever.
4. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts Gift Shop
5. Metro. And you do need to put the card in to exit.

Returning to my roots as a DC tourist made me appreciate this great city all over again. Spring is great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it looks glorious there!