Friday, April 25, 2008

LA, Atlanta, Reunions, Oh My!

April Showers bring May Flowers...


so I've been showering myself in the love of friends. First stop: Los Angeles for a possible job hunting mission near the Union Station (pictured with palm trees). Can't beat the Getty Center's free art and gardens. Love the BOP staffers, beaches, and public transportation ain't so bad.




Second stop: Atlanta, aka Hotlanta. Met with my two best girlfriends from high school for a weekend of crafting, eating, and general merriment. We caught a Braves v. LA Dodgers game. My LA team lost. Loved the aquarium. Learned to knit. My friend lives in Cabbagetown, a cozy hub similar to my capital hill but built around an old cotton mill gone condo instead of the US Capitol. Hospitality and friendship was bar-none.

Last stop: A University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire Student Senate Reunion in D.C. These are my people!! A critical mass of personalities live in D.C. and we finally reunited after months of waiting. My empty threat of moving to LA spurred us into action planning the reunion. I erroneously made this threat after falling in love with John Vanderslice all over again. You may recall that John sings the song "Dear Sarah Shu," and you may recall that John swooped me into his D.C. concert a few weeks ago for free. For the foregoing reasons, I wanted to move to LA -anything for John. And, it just so happens there's a great BOP crowd in LA, too. Regardless, relax because I am jolly in DC after a month of adventure.

No comments: