Monday, February 02, 2009

True Confessions

1. I ran Saturday morning in 25 degree weather that clearly erased my ability to function. I fell down. Just fell. Right there near my friend's apartment. I fell. There was no ice. There were no jagged brick sidewalks. I just flew onto my hands and sprawled on the sidewalk with my headphones laying about. True confessions.

2. I postponed buying a cool Lykke Li ticket (Swedish indie rocker) because fees ran the price up to be about $7 more. I let the cheap skate side of my brain get the best of me and the tickets sold out. As a result I didn't get to eat a hamburger for dinner before the concert. I have been hungry for a hamburger since giving blood several weeks ago when the nurse told me to eat more hamburgers. That Lykke concert was clutch because I ate a hamburger before I saw her last fall. But no. I was too cheap to purchase a ticket ahead of time. True confessions.

3. I bought a multitude of John Vanderslice tickets 2 minutes after they went on sale Friday. He sings a song with my name in the title. I bought more tickets than I have friends. True Confessions.

1 comment:

Mom said...

So when do I have to be in DC to help use some of those Vanderslice tickets?
Mom