Wednesday, August 26, 2009

He Hugged Me.

Last night and tonight John Vanderslice (one of, if not my favorite singers) played in my neighborhood for free. He traveled from San Francisco to Los Angeles to participate in a radio show. As long as he was here, he put on free "gorilla" concerts, as someone in the audience referred to them. Basically he played at a "vinyl" store - a record store - on Tuesday and a different one on Wednesday.

The shows were called "gorilla" concerts by someone in the crowd because, I suppose, they weren't widely advertised or hosted in large venues. The band played with acoustic-like instruments: an orchestra bass and a bass clarinet, to name a few. The audience members varied but many were the same both nights.

Tonight he came up to me and hugged me after the show. This drew a confession out of me. "I want to sell t-shirts at your next show." I blurted. Guess who will be selling shirts at a show in February??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHO?
You DOG!

-Da gar

Jess said...

Pretty awesome. Did he play at Amoeba? That is one of Brian's favorite places in LA.