Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Dia Uno - Guatemala City

Hola Faithful Friends and Family -

Glad you are joining me to climb the Guatemalan mountains in heels this summer. I arrived in Guatemala City this evening and I´m staying at Patricia´s Bed and Breakfast. I am in Guatemala thru Aug. 21. Looking to study spanish, so please excuse the many mistakes that will be written hence forth.

First Spanish phrase uttered = ¿Es Alberto aqui? The answer was no.

Tomorrow I will take a chicken bus to Antigua, a better city for touring for 2 days before I head to Xela for spanish classes. The ride is $1 for 1 hour. The bus is an old American bus, likely, and we can fit way more than 2 people into a seat. I´ll report back maƱana.

In case you were wondering, my new friend, a fellow spanish student, just uttered

--I like your Wisconsin accent by the way --

My Wisco-spanish is going to rock the socks of my teachers.

Muchos Amor a tu.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donde esta Alberto?