Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No Worry of Addition with 8 Cups o Jo

Today I visited my first coffee plantation, just outside Antigua in Jocetenango. One display warned: Coffee can become an addictive substance if you consume more than 8 cups of coffee per day. For my fellow coffee lovers, bottoms up but stop at 8.

As for my Spanish, I really advanced last night when I asked my family´s 10 year old granddaughter, in Spanish, ¨what does purple mean?¨ Smooth move... I quickly followed it up in Spanish with, ah ha, a mix between blue and red. I am really mastering this language now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love coffee. I don't get nearly enough of it. I have been so lazy this weekend I have barely been able to get around to making my coffee.
I am at the office because my laptop has gone kaput. This is so depressing. I thought this stuff only happened to other people? Ahhhhhhhh...

Anonymous said...

Ola, amiga. I think your family must be really glad they are hosting someone so friendly and cheerful. You are a great ambassador for Wisco. It's sunny and gorgeous here in Madison, but would be sunnier and better if you were here. Mary