Wednesday, July 09, 2008

David Beckham


At a DC United soccer match vs. the LA Galaxy, I discovered that pro-soccer has some of the best fans. Particularly in DC, the only city where I've seen pro-soccer, the game raises my spirits for at least the next whole week. There is serious salsa music, fans banging on drums, gigantic flags, confetti, and the occasional spice girl's husband. Also, when I see people smoking in no smoking zones I am brought back to Guatemala where the law is what people perceive as common sense. Why wouldn't I smoke at a soccer game? Common sense. To be clear, I wasn't the one smoking in the no smoking zone. It represented for me the days of last summer in Guatey. Back to soccer though, I highly recommend you visit me on a weekend when UC United plays.

1 comment:

W. Block said...

I think a soccer and baseball tour of the east coast is in order