Saturday, July 21, 2007

American Cooking

Today the other student in my house and I cooked an American lunch for our family. This included cheeseburgers, pasta salad, cole slaw and rice krispie bars. The family had never seen our salad conconctions and enjoyed the rice krispie bars. Also, the american cheese slices were a hit with the kids.

I walked to the grocery store with the middle daughter age 7, Daniella. The large grocery store is in a mall like area. We rode the glass elevator the 3 floors just for fun. There were other adults and children also riding it for fun because everyone gasped every time the elevator started.

Last night the school hosted an international dinner. My contribution was cole slaw there, too. I was tempted to bring jello jigglers. Besides pumpkin pie and cassaroles (midwest) I am at a loss for American foods. Perros Caliente? Hot dogs??

Happy Saturday!

No comments: