Monday, July 09, 2007

Dìa Uno - Xela - Quetaltenango

I moved to a new city northwest of Antigua. The new city, Quetaltentago, goes by Xela. There is a population of around 120,000 and less tourists. It is further in the mountains and a bit cooler, still nice with t-shirt and jeans.

Today I commence with a new school. This one has 45 students compared to 12 at the old one. This one also has daily activities, a library, a free nurse, free (slowish) internet and free coffee. Heaven! Next weekend the school planned a trip around nearly the whole country. This will use up some more of my old fashion film. Hurray.

My new family is younger, a mother with children ages 2, 5 and7. The 7 year old asked me, por favor, please stay for the whole 6 weeks. For now I am in Xela for 2 weeks but can stay up to 6 weeks if I like I like it better than Antigua.

Last Saturday I climbed Acatenango, one of the tallest Volcàns in Guatemala. The tallest is near Xela. When my leg pain subsides, I will begin planning the next Volcàn ascent.

Hasta tarde (until later)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have told me you were going with an old fashioned camera. I don't know when I'll use the half-dozen rolls I have lying about now that I have a little Sony Digital Camera. I would have mailed those, too.